A little geographic's explanation
Each department sets its rules and laws on fishing.
- The department is an administrative division of France :
France is divided into 101 county called "departments" (five are located overseas).
Each department is divided into township.
- A township is usually the territory of a portion of a city, an entire city, a group of towns, village or cluster of villages.
- The first two caracters of a township's post code is the number of his departement
For instance : 75001 to 75020 = Paris, 69000 = Lyon, 71680 = Crêches Sur Saône
The management of rivers in France is very complex.
Where there are lake or rivers on its territory, a township is required to manage it.
Generaly the township give this mangement to a local "AAPPMA" : "Association approved contractor for the Protection of Fisheries and Aquatic Environment".
There are 4167 AAPPMA who managed about 2.1 million anglers.
- The first category, river or lake dominated salmonid fish. Fishing with one rod.
- The second category, all the rest. Fishing with four rods fitted maximum of two hooks at the most.
Within each category, there are two classifications of water:
- Public Domain, free access to holders of fishing permits.
- Private domain, access is restricted to holders of fishing permits specific to that place.
The fishing license is valid only for the entire department in which it has been purchased :
- For fishing in the public domain
- For the entire year (end of validity at the 31th Dec.)
About 68 euro for one year
Some departments are called "réciprocitaires". They give the right to fish in all departments adhering to such reciprocity.
to summarize (in 2020) :
For about 78 euros you have a fishing license :
- for the departement where you bought it : 1 rod in the 1st catagory water and 4 rods in the 2nd category
- for fishing in all France in the 2nd public domain category water with 1 rod
For about 100 euros you have a fishing licence "reciprocity":
- for the departement where you bought it and all the 91 departments adhering in the reciprocity : 1 rod in the 1st catagory water and 4 rods in the 2nd category
- for fishing in all othes departements in the 2nd public domain category water with 1 rod
If you buy your fishing license (including the reciprocity "EGHO") by the Aappma "L'Arloise", for 100 euros, you can fish in 91 french departments
You can get your fishing license here : https://en.cartedepeche.fr/
Then, you choose the town of our association "CRECHE-SUR-SAONE" (1)
You select our association L'ARLOISE (2)
Then you validate this choice.